Friday, June 24, 2011

Rapper 50 Cent Writes Anti-Bullying Novel



The rap artist 50 Cent is writing a semi-autobiographical novel with anti-bullying theme.


The Penguin Young Reader Group has signed up with 50 Cent. The book will be named "Playground" and will be a first-person novel. The rapper's newest work of fiction will have an anti-bullying message. The publishers announced that we should expect the anti-bullying novel to be released in January 2012.


The rap artist, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has aknowledged a violent childhood and drug dealing at a very young age.
“I had a strong desire to write "Playground" because I wanted to explore how a kid becomes a bully,” 50 Cent, said in a statement. “I drew on events from my own childhood and adolescence, but was excited to see the story take on its own life. This book would have been very helpful for me growing up and now that I have a teenage son, it is my goal that this will have a positive influence on all teenagers.” The rapper wants to influence everyones lives in a positive, non-bullying way.



This will be 50 Cent's third book. He's realeased a memoir, "From Pieces To Weight", an autobiography about his drug dealing past; and "The 50th Law", a self-help guide about success.

1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete