Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ne-Yo is Engaged, Expecting His Second Baby

Monyetta Shaw and Ne-Yo

It's wedding bells and baby booties for the R&B star Ne-Yo. The "Closer" singer is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Monyetta Shaw. The happy couple are expecting their second child together.

Ne-Yo (31), whose real name is Shaffer Chimere Smith, became a first-time dad in November 2010, when Shaw gave birth to daughter Madilyn Grace.

The baby announcement was kept under wraps for most of Shaw's pregnancy. A source told that the baby is expected as early as October, which is just two weeks away.

Despite being busy with her pregnancy, Monyetta has also been working on a new boutique in Atlanta called "Emerlyn & Ester", set to open soon in the city's upscale Buckhead District.

Ne-Yo was over the moon when Madilyn was born last fall. "She's healthy and happy. Feels like I'm in luv for the first time" he tweeted. "Welcoming that lil' girl to the world last night defined for me what 'willing to kill and die for' truly means. My world, my life, all hers."

Not a long time ago, RnB singer Ne-Yo and Pitbull performed "Give Me Everything" at the VMAs.

He was very exited for his first performance ath the VMAs. "This is my first time performing at the VMAs, so this is going to be big" he promised. "This was the show where, before I made it, where I was like, 'When I make it, yeah, I definitely got to do that one.' And I'm here. I'm happy. I'm definitely beyond happy. I'm gonna maintain; very ecstatic to be here."

Watch Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Nayer perform "Give Me Everything" at the MTV Video Music Awards:
Get More: 2011 VMA, Music, Pitbull

1 comment: